I keep on browsing for the perfect recipe of chocolate crinkles!! I have tried so many recipes!! (hahaha at least 5recipes from internet) And to my surprise!! BOOM!! A Perfect Choco Crinkles!!
Here is the Recipe!!!
- 1 and ¼ cups (156 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon (56 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee powder
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup (150 grams) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup (60 grams) confectioner’s sugar
- In a medium bowl, using a wire whisk, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir together melted butter, cocoa powder and coffee powder. Add in white and brown sugar. Mix in the eggs and egg yolk one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Using a spatula, gently fold in flour mixture until just combined. The dough’s consistency should be sticky.
- Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to handle, for at least 4 hours or overnight. Alternatively, chill the dough in the freezer for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. Place the confectioner’s sugar in a wide bowl. Allow the chilled dough to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Using a cookie scoop (I use #50 scoop) or 2 tablespoons, scoop chilled dough and shape into 1 and ½ inch balls (3.5 cm). For evenly sized cookies, use a weighing scale, each ball weighs about 30 grams. Roll each ball in the confectioner’s sugar until it’s completely and evenly coated. Place them on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, for 8 minutes until cracked and the centers are still very soft. Under baking these cookies makes them the soft, moist and chewy. On the other hand, over baking makes them dry. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. These cookies are best served the day they are baked. They stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, that is if they last that long.
Perfect!! Try yours now!!